The Bureau of Land Management apparently believes that public land south of Interstate 8 should be avoided. If you can't read it, the sign says
DANGER - PUBLIC WARNING
TRAVEL NOT RECOMMENDED
- Active Drug and Human Smuggling Area
- Visitors May Encounter Armed Criminals and Smuggling Vehicles Traveling at High Rates of Speed
- Stay Away From Trash, Clothing, Backpacks, and Abandoned Vehicles
- If You See Suspicious Activity, Do Not Confront!
- Move Away and Call 911
- BLM Encourages Visitors To Use Public Lands North of Interstate 8.
For more information
call (623) 580-5500
Here's the actual photograph. Click on it for a larger version.
I just have one question. If the public lands south of Interstate 8 are too dangerous, what about the private lands? Hundreds of thousands of people live in Tucson, Bisbee, Tombstone, Benson. Some of the mot beautiful rugged areas of the state. I will not give them up.
BUILD THE DAMNED FENCE!