The latest boycott of Arizona brought to us by Mike Broomhead of KFYI, as always. Broomhead phoned and spoke with School Board Vice President Peter Blewett who rambled on and compared SB 1070 to China, slave labor, etc.
These people are obviously imbeciles or liars. They either haven't ready SB 1070 or they don't care what it actually says.. FEDERAL LAW already requires immigrants to carry their immigration papers with them at all times! Don't believe me? Ask a LEGAL immigrant. I've known plenty and they ALL knew the federal rules.
Contact Info for all of these people below.
I can't find the actual resolutions.
County, MPS panels endorse Arizona business boycott (this website takes comments! let 'em have it!)
County Board of SupervisorsA Milwaukee County Board committee and a Milwaukee School Board committee separately endorsed resolutions Thursday calling for an economic boycott of Arizona in response to that state's recently adopted immigration law.
The county's Finance Committee and school board's Legislation, Rules and Policies Committee each unanimously approved the resolutions that call for banning the county and Milwaukee Public Schools from purchasing goods and services from businesses based in Arizona.
The Arizona law makes it a crime for immigrants not to carry immigration documents and gives police broad power to detain suspected illegal immigrants.
School board member Larry Miller said the board would be acting on a civil and human rights issue, calling the Arizona measure racist.
County Supervisors Peggy West and Elizabeth M. Coggs also called the Arizona law racist.
The resolutions must now be taken up by each board.
Milwaukee County Courthouse
901 North 9th Street, RM 201
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Phone: 414-278-4222 Fax: 414-223-1380
Each web page below offers a contact form as well.
Chairman Lee Holloway
▪ (414) 278-4261 ▪ firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark A. Borkowski
▪ (414) 278-4253 ▪ email@example.com
Gerry P. Broderick
▪ (414) 278-4237 ▪ firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul M. Cesarz
▪ (414) 278-4267 ▪ email@example.com
Elizabeth M. Coggs
▪ (414) 278-4265 ▪ firstname.lastname@example.org
Lynne De Bruin
▪ (414) 278-4263 ▪ email@example.com
▪ (414) 278-4232 ▪ firstname.lastname@example.org
Nikiya Q. Harris
▪ (414) 278-4278 ▪ email@example.com
Willie Johnson, Jr.
▪ (414) 278-4233 ▪ firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ (414) 278-4231 ▪ email@example.com
Christopher J. Larson
▪ (414) 278-4252 ▪ firstname.lastname@example.org
Theodore A. Lipscomb
▪ (414) 278-4257 ▪ email@example.com
Micheal Mayo. Sr.
▪ (414) 278-4241 ▪ firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ (414) 278-4243 ▪ email@example.com
▪ (414) 278-4247 ▪ firstname.lastname@example.org
James "Luigi" Schmitt
▪ (414) 278-4273 ▪ email@example.com
Johnny L. Thomas
▪ (414) 278-4259 ▪ firstname.lastname@example.org
John F. Weishan, Jr.
▪ (414) 278-4255 ▪ email@example.com
Peggy A. West
▪ (414) 278-4269 ▪ firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of Board Governance
Milwaukee Public Schools
P.O. Box 2181
Milwaukee, WI 53201-2181
Tel.: 414/475-8284 TTY: 888/808-0928 Fax: 414/475-8071
(no individual email
Milwaukee Public Schools Switchboard at 414-475-8393.
School Board Directors
Michael Bonds (President)
Tel: (414) 520-3890
The following are all at the same number
Tel: (414) 475-8284
Peter Blewett (Vice President)
Tel: (414) 510-9173