Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dear Mr. Obama


Dear Mr. Obama,

Having spent 12 months in the Iraq theatre, I could promise you this was not a mistake.

I've witnessed first hand the many sacrifices made for the people of Iraq. Those sacrifices were not mistakes.

The Iraqi people are just like us. They want a chance to live in a secure world. Free from tyranny. Free from terrorism. Free to prosper. Free to raise their children and pass on a future.

Are they better off today than they were in 2002? You bet.

I've seen many men sacrifice their lives for the Iraqi people. They died for a purpose. Not a mistake. They died giving hope. They died promoting freedom.

Do you rescue a fireman just as he's about to save a child?

When you call the Iraqi war a mistake you disrepect the service and the sacrifice of everyone who has died promoting freedom.

Freedom carries with it a price.

Because you do not understand nor appreciate these principles, sir, I'm supporting Senator John McCain for President. He too made a huge sacrifice promoting freedom. Because he understands the fundamental truth ...

Freedom is always worth the price.

And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free...


Now THAT is the sort of thing that should send tingles up your spine (or, if you're Chris Matthews, tingles up your leg) not that marxist BarryHO.

No comments: