You read that right. Ten thousand people are dead just this year alone in Mexico as a result of the cartels ruthless murder and mayhem.
According to Reforma’s report released on November 4, 2010:
- 45% of the registered deaths this year occurred in two states: Chihuahua registered 2,797 executions and Sinaloa 1,795.
- Following these two states are: Guerrero with 786, Durango with 700, and Tamaulipas with 700 drug related deaths.
- 52 soldiers and 637 police from different jurisdictions have been killed around the nation.
- 276 of the deceased were minors.
- 798 people were tortured prior to death and 326 were decapitated.
- Narco-messages were found in 674 of the total deaths.